The Maternal Identity of Canadian Women during the First World War

I said in a post last year that I really wanted to post part of my Major Research Paper, Forging Identity: Ethnic and Gender Identity in Ontario during the First World War, from my time at Wilfrid Laurier University.

It was so much fun and I really enjoyed it! I have decided to post one chapter of it here. The entire document is 95 pages! So much fun to write though.

The chapter I am posting is "Chapter 2: The Maternal Identity of Canadian Women". For this project, I examined four Southern Ontario newspapers during the First World War to see how they portrayed Canadian identity to their readers and if it changed over the war. The newspapers were: Ottawa Journal, Globe and Mail, Berlin Daily Telegraph, and Industrial Banner.

If you want to read the rest of it, let me know!

Click Here to view it and I hope you enjoy.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts