New Year's Resolutions of this Islander's Blog

It's that time of year again. New Year's Resolution time!

Some of the most common ones include:
Losing weight
Eating better
Getting better organized
Save money
Getting a better job
Quit smoking
Reducing debt
etc.

There are so many. But a resolution is useless without details. You want to lose weight, set an actual goal. It could be a certain amount of pounds, have a certain outfit look good on you, etc. So do you have any?

I do have some for this blog. And I am going to share them with you today!

1. Increase readership. In the last few months, my numbers are going down and I know part of that is people are not seeing the posts on Facebook. Not even my own Mother!

It all comes down to Facebook's algorithm that decides what you see and I need to figure out what I can do to increase my blogs priority.

2. Figure out how I can get my blog onto other social media platforms. My plan is to figure out how I can share the blog using Instagram. The best way to do that will take some research and some experimentation. So, coming soon to your Instagram feed, K.Blog!

3. Get some more books on Island History

I have a list of a couple of books I would like to get for this blog. I love doing original research but when you work fulltime that can be hard, doing that type of research takes a long time. I am exploring the idea of putting some of the papers, or parts of papers, I have written for university classes on the blog. The topics wouldn't be PEI related, but they would be related to Canadian history.

4. Get to the Archives again

The archives can be a lot of fun! But, their hours do not make it easy for someone working fulltime to visit. As I currently work 8 am to 4 pm, the archives 9 am to 5 pm regular hours are not that helpful. I will have to do Thursday evenings (when they are also open 6:30 pm to 9 pm) or take a vacation day. Hopefully, this coming year I will get in more trips to the archives.

I hope you enjoyed this short blog. It is the second of January and I know some of you will still be...recovering... from New Year's Eve and have had a long first day back to work.

I want to thank everyone for reading my blog and I am looking forward to doing more posts in 2019. I also want to thank Aaron Klassen for adding the Facebook and Twitter buttons on the top of the page. They had to be added using code which is not something I understand.

If you like my blog, please share and subscribe. If you have any ideas for new posts, please let me know!


Comments

Popular Posts